Last week sometime marked the one year anniversary of my having this blog. It’s hard to believe I’ve already had it so long and I doesn’t seem like I accomplished much – but according to my “Crafting Resolutions”, I actually did a lot of what I had hoped!
These were my resolutions for 2012:
1. Buy circular knitting needles & learn how to use them I actually don’t think I’ve done a post on this, but I did purchase some circular knitting needles & start a project with them!
2. Practice hand sewing
3. Buy a sewing machine, practice using it My beautiful Singer 160. 4. Sew something from a pattern I sewed my first item in this post.
5. Make a sweater
6. Complete the two blankets I have started crocheting
8. Start a shop on Etsy My Etsy. 9. Knit & crochet for myself These last two are pretty self explanatory. 10. Always enjoy what I’m doing
So it looks like I reached most of my goals. I knew the sweater was a long shot [I’m an instant gratification kind of crafter], & I’ve given up entirely on one of the blankets, so that was never going to crossed off the list – & hand sewing… Yikes. That is why I bought a sewing machine.
Overall it was a good year of crafting. I have yet to make an actual Etsy sale even though I opened it in June, but I know that it’s my fault. I’ve been really busy and haven’t been very vigilant about promoting my shop – I’ve also done a lot of crafting for friends & family that has taken away from doing things for my shop. Just a few things I’ll have to work on in 2013.
This year, I want to:
1. Finish lots of existing projects, including:
-My parents granny square blanket [it’s too cute not to finish].
-My dad’s Rams scarf
-My mom’s shrug
2. Refrain from starting new projects without finishing others first!
3. Sew more
4. Make a sale [hopefully more than just one] from my Etsy shop
5. Become a more successful knitter
6. Work with higher quality yarn
7. Complete a project using my circular needles
8. Try new crafts
9. Purchase a physical item from another Etsy seller, not just patterns
10. Say ‘no’ more often
Bring it on 2013!
Some other things that happened in 2012 since the last time I wrote a decent post:
And after a long crafting drought thanks to Grad school applications, I’m finally working on stuff again. I’m currently making headbands in my school colors – several months later than I wanted to [since our football season is now over]. Regardless, they’re cute & I can’t wait to start selling them on Etsy.
I’m also making myself an oversized scarf in forest green, taking my inspiration from these picture I found on Pinterest:
I’ll keep you updated on the progress of that one.
Lastly, many thanks to everyone who has stuck with my blog or who has visited my blog in my many months of absence. Stick around – there will be more to come!